one hundred and eighty

I realized something very important today. I thank-you for opening my eyes and making me admit it to myself. I realized that no matter how much I want to, I cannot call you a best friend anymore. I'm not saying that I don't care about you, but it's almost impossible for me to consider you as such a high priority in my life when I mean so little in yours, if not nothing. Things might be a little different if you would at least take the time to acknowledge that I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere. I've been here waiting all along just wondering when you were going to realize it. Another thing I realized though, is that I can't say you're nothing to me. It's not possible because if I were to be truly honest with myself, I would know that no matter when or what the circumstances were, I would still accept you back in my life if you showed me that you wanted to be there. I would have no problem picking up where we left off if you could prove to me that you value me as much as I do you.